Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Chia Muffins
It's a weird feeling, driving to work on a winter morning. The sky is still dark, the air is chilly and the steering wheel is ice cold until the heat kicks in. This time of year anything with cinnamon seems to at least help warm our spirits if not our bodies. This month's recipe is great as a snack or as a grab and go breakfast for those mornings when you are in a hurry.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce + 1 tbsp ground chia (instead of egg)
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 1 honey crisp apple, chopped into cubes
How it's made:
Makes approximately 8 muffins.
This recipe was sourced from Fully Nourished by Marni Wasserman.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix brown rice flour, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce + chia, rice milk maple syrup, coconut oil, chia seeds and chopped apple and stir together
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until well combined. Spoon the mixture into a muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.