|Guilt-Free Comfort Food
A big bowl of pasta makes great comfort food. Who can resist rich pasta topped with a thick and creamy sauce? And despite how delicious this recipe is, there's no reason to be afraid of carbs and calories. This Brown Rice Pesto Pasta is complete comfort without the guilt!
Pesto is a fun, easy sauce to make. It is full of chlorophyll and protein. The miso and pinenuts give it a "cheesy" flavour. Pesto tastes great on anything from brown rice pasta and quinoa, to homemade pizza crust, on wraps or simply as a dip for veggies. If beans are added to this recipe it will give your pasta a hearty boost of protein and fiber and make each bowl of pasta more filling!
Brown Rice Pesto Pasta
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
- 1 package Tinkyada brown rice pasta
- 3-5 portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 bunch or 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mellow rice miso
- 1 tablespoon raw nude bee honey
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or pinenuts toasted (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe sourced from Marni Wasserman.
- For the Pesto: Grind the nuts in a food processor; add remaining ingredients and process for a few minutes until well combined.
- For the Pasta: Boil a pot of water, add sea salt and cook pasta until tender or al dente at about 7-10 minutes.
- Putting it together:
- In a large pot, on a medium or low heat combine the pesto with the cooked pasta, add in the mushrooms and spinach.
- Stir a few minutes until the spinach has wilted and is cooked into the pasta.