|How To Brush and Floss
1. Use a soft toothbrush for thorough and gentle cleaning.
2. Hold your brush at a 45 degree angle. Use a gentle, circular massaging motion.
3. Do not "scrub" at your teeth.
4. Be sure you clean all the tooth surfaces.
5. For the inside of the front teeth, it may be easier to tilt the brush vertically.
6. For the chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat, and use a gentle motion.
1. Wind 12 inches (the length of your forearm) of floss around your two middle fingers.
2. Gently guide the floss between teeth.
3. To remove plaque and debris, wrap the floss into a "C" shape around the base of each adjoining tooth. Move the floss up and down against the teeth and go gently under the gum.
4. As you move from tooth to tooth, use a fresh section of floss.
Most importantly, if your dental professional has given you any special instructions, be sure to follow them precisely.