|Smoky Eggplant Dip
When you're at the farmers' market, be sure to pick up
fresh vegetables, including eggplant, spinach and garlic
for this delicious smoky eggplant dip. It makes a great
healthy snack to enjoy at a BBQ, at the beach or just
lounging around the house.
Quick fun fact: Eggplants are technically
Smoky Eggplant Dip
- Prep Time : 60 mins
- Cook Time : 10 mins
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 bunch spinach (1/2 pound)
- 1 head garlic roasted & mashed
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F for the eggplant.
- Slice off the tip of a head of garlic and place in a
piece of foil, cover with a dash of sea salt and a 1
teaspoon olive oil. Wrap up
and bake on 350F for 1 hour.
- Roast the eggplants directly over flame on stove, or
in an oven at 350F until the skin blisters and the flesh
feels very soft.
- Place in a large metal bowl and seal with plastic
wrap for 20 minutes or so to allow the skin to
- When the eggplants are cool enough to work with,
remove the skin, seeds and cut into small dice.
- Wash the spinach and add to a pot with a small amount
of water. Cook until wilted.
- In a food processor, mix the garlic, lemon juice,
cumin, salt, tahini and olive oil together.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach mixture to the
eggplant and mix well. Add more salt to
Recipes sourced from Marni Wasserman