Dental Bonding in North York
Cosmetic dentists such as Dr. Haas in North York have a collection of tricks up their sleeves to repair teeth that have aesthetic and structural problems. Tooth bonding, also referred to as dental bonding, is one such procedure.
Bonding can use to correct teeth
- Slightly crooked
- Slightly misaligned
How Tooth Bonding Works
Tooth bonding relies on our North York general cosmetic dentist's artistic ability to shape a special composite resin on the problem areas of the tooth to create a natural-looking restoration.
There are several steps in the tooth bonding process:
- A shade of composite resin is chosen that will complement the client's existing teeth.
- The problem tooth is etched so the tooth has a rough surface on which the resin can attach.
- The composite resin is placed on the tooth where it is molded and smoothed to fill in or cover the problem areas and create the proper tooth shape.
- A high intensity light is used to harden the resin.
- The restored tooth is trimmed, cleaned and polished so it looks like part of the client's natural smile.
|| It is important that clients choose a general cosmetic dentist who has extensive training and experience in dental bonding because this is essentially a "freehand" sculpting procedure. Dr. Haas in North York fits this criteria.
If you would like to learn more about dental bonding and how general cosmetic dentist Dr. Dan Haas combines artistry with dental technology to improve their clients' smiles, please contact his North York Haas Dental team today for a tooth bonding consultation.